C.R.E.S.T. – Hub Day at Waiau pa School Sat 30 July
We are changing our year end BBQ and get together at the Clarks Beach Yacht Club, to an outdoor hub day (pest control supplies, BBQ and get together) at Waiau Pa School. This is due to high levels of covid, and concern over indoor events. Starts Saturday 30th July 10:00am until 1pm. We’d love to see you and hear your experiences.
We’ll be doing a sausage sizzle, and have some smart people on hand to help with any questions and demonstrate how best to set and manage your traps and bait stations.
Im looking to get some Kowhai to give away also – to bring in our Kereru
- Who’s invited? All the residents of Clarks Beach, Waiau Pa, Seagrove, Kingseat, and Elletts Beach. Bring a family member, a friend and a neighbour!
- What’s going on? Come along to pick up rat and possum traps, and talk to our predator free folks on how to get the best results with the least effort.
- How do I get in? Follow the signs at Waiau Pa School from 10:00am – we do run out of gear, so earlier is better.
- Are the supplies free ? Franklin Local Board provides funding to help our community bring back our birds. These are supplied at no additional cost to you, but we ask you update Trap.NZ website.
- What is the C.R.E.S.T ? The C.R.E.S.T is a community conservation group protecting the native wildlife of the Southern Manukau Harbour by controlling animal pest species. Our project includes trappers from Clarks Beach, Waiau Pa, Seagrove, Kingseat and Elletts Beach. Trapping rats, stoats and other pest species protects the many species of threatened wading birds that live along this coastline. It will also bring more birds, lizards and other native wildlife back to our backyards.
Come along to meet some fellow trappers, learn about conservation, and have a delicious sausage !