Drury Rotary community bait and trap day – Sat 8th May
This hub day is on Saturday 8th May from 10.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m at Drury Community Library, 10 Tui Street, Drury 2113
Now is the time to get rid of rats, stamp out stoats and push off possums, before they move into your sheds and attics for the winter, and Drury Rotary is leading the charge! We are hosting Drury’s very first community bait and trap day, and we want everyone in Drury to come along.
Free trap and bait options available to suit every household, lifestyle block or farm, along with friendly advice and best trapping tips. There’s no cost to attend & no prior pest control experience is required.
Pest control supplies that will be available include:
- Rat kill traps – Easy to set plastic “Snap-E” type. No more mashed fingers.
- Possum kill traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy for anyone to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids.
- Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain.
- Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks.
- Various rat & possum bait options, including next-generation “Double-tap”
- NEW! – live catch trap for stoats, ferrets and larger pests, demonstration model on display. Order one by emailing email@example.com
Also demonstrations of the free trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! If you’re interested in this, please register on Trap.NZ before the hub day; You can download the app from your phone’s app store for free, or go to the Predator Free Franklin home page and click on your area on the big map, then follow the steps to join a TrapNZ project there. You’ll need to set up a user name and password.
A big shout out to Drury Library for letting us use their premises, and to both Auckland Council and Franklin Local Board for funding the pest control materials.