Franklin Cyclists meet-up, Sat 23rd April
If you like getting outdoors trapping, then you might also like getting out on your bike for even more fresh air. If so, this is the event for you!
Franklin Cyclists Meet-up on 9.00am Saturday 23rd April 2022 at the Caterpillar Cafe, Franklin Centre, 12 Massey Ave., Pukekohe. With free coffee for all attendees (courtesy of Bike Auckland)
Hosted by Franklin Trails Group ( Franklin Trails Facebook ) who will give a short presentation on
* Plans to enhance urban trails within the Pukekohe area
* Developing plans to link all of our Franklin Communities to each other via a trail network
* Building on the current success of the Pukekohe Five Summits Trail.
We will also discuss bike security, which has become an issue in Auckland. There will be an opportunity to register your bikes to Bike Auckland’s 529 App – the best way of preventing your bike from being stolen.
After discussions, we will set off on guided rides – choose from a range of options.
– Family Ride. Exploring some of our nearby park opportunities. Led by Tom Forch
– Leisure Ride around town. Led by Judy Donovan
– Adventurer/MTB Ride. Exploring some or all of the Five Summits Trail and also some interesting off road detours. (Mainly mtb Grade 2 equivalent and quiet roads but some short sections of grade 3). Led by Andrew Sinclair
– Longer Road options. No leader but if this is your preference you may have a route in mind that others may wish to join you on.
Text enquiries to: Judy Donovan 0274 774 004
If you’re keen to see more safer and fun cycling opportunities happening in your community – come along.