Free bait and trap day at Otaua on 15th Feb
Want to get rid of rats, push off possums, and flatten ferrets on your land? Come along to our free pest control event at Otaua to learn how. We can advise you on the best control method for each pest, and free traps and bait will be available. To reduce crowding we’re happy for you to pick up free gear for your neighbours too – just bring a piece of paper that includes their name, address and a contact email (readable, please!).
Please wear your mask and bring your vaccine pass if attending. If you don’t have a vaccine pass, don’t worry, you can still get into the pests – don’t come to the event, just email email@example.com to discuss your property needs and we will arrange a contactless equipment drop-off.
Pest control supplies we’ll have:
• “Double Tap” rat and possum block bait in plastic pails.
• “Pestoff” rat and possum pellet bait. 10kg bags. Share one with your neighbours.
• Rat traps – Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings.
• Possum traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids. 1 trap per hectare.
• Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain. Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings.
• White Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks. 1 per hectare for possums, or 4 per hectare for rats.
• Connovation “Blue” and “Eggsellent” lures for attracting possums, rodents and mustelids into traps.
BONUS! A demonstration model of the latest smart cage trap – targets multiple pests, and emails you when it catches one (not free, but can be ordered from us)
In return for this free equipment, we ask that you register up on the trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! Download it from your phone’s app store for free, or go to the Predator Free Franklin home page and click on your area on the map, then follow the steps to join your local TrapNZ project. Or we can set you up on the day!
If COVID conditions change, we may have to cancel this event. Please contact us if in any doubt.