Free bait and traps at Farrell’s Nursery, 16th Feb
Free bait and trap day on Wednesday 16th Feb, 9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. at Farrell’s Nursery, 46 Pollock Rd, Pukekohe.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night, nor even COVID will stop us from getting all of those darn pests.
Pest control supplies will include:
• “Double Tap” rat and possum block bait. 2kg plastic pails.
• “Pestoff” rat and possum pellet bait. 10kg bags. Share one with your neighbours.
• Rat traps – various kinds including “Snap-e”, “Victor” and “T-Rex” Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings.
• Possum traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids. 1 trap per hectare.
• Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain. Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings.
• White Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks. 1 per hectare for possums, or 4 per hectare for rats.
• Connovation “Blue” and “Eggsellent” lures for attracting possums, rodents and mustelids into traps.
Bonus – Demonstration model of our unique smart trap – catches 10% more pests than any other trap, targets multiple species and emails you when it catches something (not free, but can be ordered from us)
Special offer – Free Fix and Fogg peanut butter for your rat traps. Bring your own container and a spoon and help yourself
Register on the trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! You can download it from your phone’s app store for free, or go to the Predator Free Franklin home page and click on your area on the map, then follow the steps to join your local TrapNZ project. You’ll need to set up a username and password.
A big shout out to Farrell’s Nursery for letting us use their premises, and to both Auckland Council and Franklin Local Board for funding these pest control materials.
If lockdown conditions change, we may have to cancel this event. Please contact us if in any doubt.