Free bait and traps at Farrell’s Nursery, 26th Jan
Free bait and trap day on Wednesday 26th Jan, 9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. at Farrell’s Nursery, 46 Pollock Rd, Pukekohe.
Bring a friend day!
We’d love you to bring at least one friend, relative or neighbour along this January. We have experts on hand to help even complete beginners with their pest control and give them the materials to get started. If you’d like to encourage someone take their first step to helping our birds, please forward this email to them.
Pest control supplies available:
• “Double Tap” rat and possum block bait. 2kg plastic pails.
• “Pestoff” rat and possum pellet bait. 10kg bags. Share one with your neighbours.
• Rat traps – various kinds including “Snap-e”, “Victor” and “T-Rex” Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings
• Possum traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids. 1 trap per hectare.
• Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain. Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings
• White Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks. 1 per hectare for possums, or 4 per hectare for rats.
• Connovation “Blue” and “Eggsellent” lures for attracting possums, rodents and mustelids into traps
• A demonstration model of the latest smart trap – targets all kinds of pests and emails you when you catch one (not free, but can be ordered from us)
Special offer – Free Fix and Fogg chocolate nut butter. The good people at Fix and Fogg have been supporting Predator Free Wellington for ages, and now they’re supporting us too. They have sent us heaps of chocolate nut butter with seeds in. It’s not for human consumption, but it’s perfect for baiting rat traps. Bring your own container and a spoon and help yourself – first come, first served.
Register on the trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! You can download it from your phone’s app store for free, or go to the Predator Free Franklin home page and click on your area on the map, then follow the steps to join your local TrapNZ project. You’ll need to set up a username and password.
A big shout out to Farrell’s Nursery for letting us use their premises, and to both Auckland Council and Franklin Local Board for funding these pest control materials.
If lockdown conditions change, we may have to cancel this event. Please contact us if in any doubt.