Pest control Hub Day – Drury, Sat 11 June
Drury is a very special place – it has the distinction of having the highest turnout we have ever had for a first hub day, way back in 2021. Let’s celebrate that community energy with a giant comeback! Come to Drury Community Library between 9.30 – 12.00 to pick up your pest control solution. Trap and bait options available to suit every household, lifestyle block or farm, along with friendly advice and best trapping tips. There’s no cost to attend & no prior pest control experience is required.
In exchange for your free materials, we ask that you register on Trap.NZ (also free), then get the app on your phone and join the Drury project. You can log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your bait use and see if you’re beating the neighbours or not.
Pest control supplies that will be available include:
- “Double Tap” rat and possum block bait. 2kg plastic pails.
- “Pestoff” rat and possum pellet bait.
- Rat traps – various kinds including “Snap-e”, “Victor” and “T-Rex” Use at 4 stations per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings.
- Possum traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids. 1 trap per hectare.
- Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain. Use at 4 per hectare at 50m spacing, plus in outbuildings.
- Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks. 1 per hectare for possums, or 4 per hectare for rats.
- Connovation “Blue” and “Eggsellent” lures for attracting possums, rats and mustelids into traps.
See you there!