Pest control Hub Day – Kawakawa Bay
Come to Kawakawa Bay community hall for this Trap and Bait Day
The purpose of the Trap and Bait Day programme is to resource and support local residents & landowners who want to undertake pest control on their properties. Free traps and bait will be available, along with expert advice on how best to use these to target your unwanted rodents and mustelids.
We are within the Auckland area. Please wear a mask to protect yourself and others, and make sure to observe social distancing.
Pest control supplies that will be available include:
- Rat kill traps – Easy to set plastic “Snap-E” type.
- Possum kill traps – “The Trapinator”, works out of reach of dogs and kids.
- Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain.
- Mini Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks.
- Various rat & possum bait options.
Also demonstrations of the free trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! If you’re interested in this, please register on Trap.NZ before the hub day; you can find instructions here.
This is part of a larger programme supported by Auckland Council, with local community groups from Whitford through Clevedon, Ness Valley and Orere working to create a significant pest free zone along the Eastern corridor and a buffer around the Hunua Rangers as part of Auckland’s Pest Free 2050 goal.There is no cost to attend & no prior trapping experience is required.
Caring for our piece of paradise!