Pukekohe Hub Day – Wed 10th February
This hub day is on Wednesday 10th February from 9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. at Farrell’s Nursery, 46 Pollock Rd, Pukekohe.
The first Pukekohe Hub day of 2021! Free trap and bait options available to suit every household, lifestyle block or farm, along with friendly advice and best trapping tips. Look for us in the main building, right next to the car park. There’s no cost to attend & no prior trapping experience is required. This is an ideal time of year to be getting on top of rats, before the weather starts to cool and they begin to move into your sheds, garages and homes. A hard push now will mean less rat damage later on.
Pest control supplies that will be available include:
- Rat kill traps – Easy to set plastic “Snap-E” type. No more mashed fingers.
- Possum kill traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy for anyone to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids.
- Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain.
- Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks.
- Various rat & possum bait options, including next-generation “Double-tap”
- NEW! – live catch trap for stoats, ferrets and larger pests, demonstration model on display. (Available by order, this trap can also be fitted with a sensor to alert your phone when it’s caught something.)
Also demonstrations of the free trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! If you’re interested in this, please register on Trap.NZ before the hub day; You can download the app from your phone’s app store for free, or go to the Predator Free Franklin home page and click on your area on the big map, then follow the steps to join a TrapNZ project there. You’ll need to set up a user name and password.
A big shout out to Farrell’s Nursery for letting us use their premises, and to both Auckland Council and Franklin Local Board for funding the pest control materials.