Tuakau Cleanup Day and pest control Hub Day
Massive day of community activity – all welcome.
Every year the Tuakau community gets together to clean up the town, but this year they’re also partnering with us to add a pest control Hub Day. Come and plant food trees to add to the more than 400 already planted, clean up rubbish, and help with the development of exciting trails. Get your free pest control supplies, along with friendly advice and best trapping tips.
- Meet at the Tuakau Hotel car park.
- Choose from tree planting, trail work or rubbish cleanup activities.
- Register by 9:30 a.m. to get your free rubbish bags, surgical gloves, high-vis jackets, map of the cleanup & planting areas plus refreshments.
- Bring along gloves and tongs, plus spares.
- Wear suitable clothing and sturdy closed shoes or boots.
- Bring a water bottle and hat.
- Don’t forget your sunblock!
- Everything finishes at 1.30
- Tuakau Lions Morning Tea at the Tuakau Hotel, and a Tuakau Rotary Sausage Sizzle after the planting is done.
Equipment and volunteers needed
Can you bring a trailer or some extra spades? Are you able to ferry volunteers in your car, or would you like to be a base camp helper? If so, please contact Jacqui Church ( 021 869976 ) firstname.lastname@example.org or Maria Jackson ( 021881125 )
Pest control Hub Day
Pest control supplies that will be available include:
- Rat kill traps – Easy to set plastic “Snap-E” type.
- Possum kill traps – NEW “Flipping Timmy”, works out of reach of dogs and kids.
- Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain.
- Mini Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks.
- Various rat & possum bait options.
Also, demonstrations of the free trap.nz app – log your pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours!