Winstones Quarry bait and trap day – Sun 28th March
This hub day is on Sunday 28th March from 10.00 a.m. – 2.00 p.m. at Winstones Quarry, 489 Hunua Road, Hunua.
Free trap and bait options available to suit every household, lifestyle block or farm, along with friendly advice and best trapping tips. We will be in the the meeting room in the site offices, right next to the car park. There’s no cost to attend & no prior trapping experience is required.
Pest control supplies that will be available for free include:
- Rat kill traps – Easy to set plastic “Snap-E” type. No more mashed fingers.
- Possum kill traps – “Flipping Timmy”, easy for anyone to set, works out of reach of dogs and kids.
- Pied Piper rat bait stations – No bait can fall out. Protects bait from pets and rain.
- Philproof possum/rat bait stations – The most effective pest control for larger blocks.
- Various rat & possum bait options, including next-generation “Double-tap”
Also, our new live catch trap for stoats, ferrets and larger pests, available to order at $100 each (This is an expensive trap for us to buy, so we have to charge for it. )
There will be demonstrations of the trap.nz app – log pest kills using your phone, ipad or computer, track your kills and see if you’re beating the neighbours! If you’re interested in this, please register up on Trap.NZ before the hub day. You can download the app from your phone’s app store for free, or go to the Predator Free Franklin home page and click on your area on the big map, then follow the steps to join the TrapNZ project. You’ll need to set up a user name and password.
Health and safety note:
This is a working quarry. Please stick to the road to and from the front gate to the car park, and don’t turn off onto other roads on-site. Also, please reverse park in the car park to follow the Winstones site health and safety guidelines.
A big shout out to Winstones aggregates for letting us use their premises, and to both Auckland Council and Franklin Local Board for funding the pest control materials.